The most powerful aspect of Jimmy Page's guitar playing is the ELECTRONIC SETUP!
I Hate Zep
2009-06-30 19:27:47 UTC
Jimmy Page isn't a bad player, but 75% of the traditional "Zeppelin
guitar sound" is not based on his strumming skills
You're right. It's based on his leads and riffs. He never was a strummer.
Jimmy was as good at rhythm guitar as he needed to be.  "Ramble On."
"Beck's Bolero."  "The Song Remains the Same."
What he really excelled at was making guitar SOUNDS, as opposed to
guitar PLAYING.
I disagree with that, and I think the origial posting is simply a troll.
Page was a great guitar player as well as sonic sculptor and producer and
engineer.
I suppose you're one of those losers who try to say Page was a greater
guitar player than Hendrix.

(However, even with Hendrix there is a qualification to his skills.
Much of Jimi's rep for those who believe him the greatest electric
guitar player ever, is based on the Jimi Hendrix EXPERIENCE as a group
having such extremely powerful bass guitar and drums.)

Whichever way, rock music sucks.
Howldog
Are you a jazz-holer or something?
I Hate Zep
2009-07-01 16:48:51 UTC
Are you a jazz-holer or something?- Hide quoted text -
I am an adherent to TRUE music of the past.

My belief is that music of other eras is misrepresented to modern
society by doing the equivalent of playing Las Vegas lounge VERSIONS
of Led Zeppelin such that electronic garbage is _made out to be_
the best music ever.
Howldog
2009-07-01 17:00:11 UTC
Post by I Hate Zep
Are you a jazz-holer or something?- Hide quoted text -
I am an adherent to TRUE music of the past.
that doesnt mean a goddamned thing except you think your own opinions are
truth and law. Theres no such thing as TRUE music.

but you knew that already.

I can see why people would hate led zep.

I can also see why someone would post they hate led zep, into a led zep
group:

because they're a fucking troll.

nice chatting with you, now go back under the bridge, theres a good lad..
I Hate Zep
2009-07-02 17:28:39 UTC
Post by Howldog
that doesnt mean a goddamned thing except you think your own opinions are
truth and law. Theres no such thing as TRUE music.
Well, in a generic sense (not just Zep), there is little difference
between the FALSITY of midi music and that of a loud electric guitar.