Hi-Def Hendrix
Mix
2008-04-17 08:56:16 UTC
If you have an audio system capable of DTS 5.1 surround, please do this now:

Download uTorrent if you don't have it already and install it as your
primary torrent client.

Log on to demonoid.com and set your filters for "music" and "hendrix".

Download 5.0 versions of _Electric Ladyland_ (DVD-V & DVD-A), _Are You
Experienced?_ (DTS CD 5.0) and _Band Of Gypsys_ (DTS CD 5.0).

Burn and enjoy.
box011
2008-04-17 16:32:43 UTC
Well, I don't have 5.1. Yea, I'm behind the times. I gather one can't wear
headphones, no? And unless you're in the exact center....

I haven't made the 'bit torrent' plunge yet. Seems too complicated for my
feeble mind. :o)

To be specific: Does the guitar in "Voodoo Child Slight Return" go around in
a circle? I get that sensation with just two speakers. If it doesn't with
5.1, they blew it. Big time.
Burn and enjoy.
d***@gmail.com
2008-04-19 12:19:55 UTC
Post by Mix
Log on to demonoid.com and set your filters for "music" and "hendrix".
I logged on but it says it is closed to new registrations.

??? I'm new at this.
d***@gmail.com
2008-04-19 12:27:09 UTC
btw can you burn something like this (DTS 5.1 surround version of
something) to a standard CD-R?

You've definitely got me interested in hearing what these might sound
like.
Mix
2008-04-20 03:41:55 UTC
You can download as a "guest"; you're just limited in the number of
downloads. You can burn the DTS versions to a standard CD-R, but don't try
to play them on standard equipment -- you'll only get high-pitched static
that could harm your speakers and/or your ears. Only play them through a
DTS 5.0-capable system. _Electric Ladyland_ is on a DVD-A; the others are
on CD.

Demonoid is closed to new registrations, but there is nothing to prevent you
from grabbing at least three. So, you can grab _AYE?_, _BoG_ and _ELL_, but
not Steely Dan's _Royal Scam_ or _Aja_, and not Cream's _Disraeli Gears_,
all of which are also in GART 5.0 CD. You'll have to come back later for
those...
like.
Elmo' 7#9
2008-04-21 16:15:26 UTC
Post by Mix
You can download as a "guest"; you're just limited in the number of
downloads.
Limited to ZERO DOWNLOADS, I'm afraid.

You don't get download links in your search results unless you're logged-in.

Elmo' 7#9
Mix
2008-04-22 06:09:41 UTC
Sorry -- that wasn't my experience. I was able to download three files
(_AYE_, BoG_ and Steely Dan's _Royal Scam_, all in DTS) before I was told
that I couldn't grab another this week due to my non-membership. Did I
mention that you need uTorrent as your client? Also, try this -- follow
this link on demonoid: http://demonoid.cc/files/?uid=1156681&seeded=2

If that doesn't work, do a search on http://sumotorrent.com, since it's
probably there, too -- just make sure your virus scan and firewalls are in
working condition. A uTorrent P2P client is not a precondition to download
from sumotorrent.

If none of that works, let me know and I'll contact you via private e-mail.
I really believe this stuff is worth hearing and I'm willing to do what I
can to help things along...
Elmo' 7#9
L***@gmail.com
2008-04-23 13:55:29 UTC
Post by Mix
If none of that works, let me know and I'll contact you via private e-mail.
I really believe this stuff is worth hearing and I'm willing to do what I
can to help things along...
Mr. Mix I just may be taking you up on that if None of the Above works
for me when I get to tinkering with those sites this coming weekend. I
would love to hear these things in that format, people are raving
about the Ladyland 5.1 edition on one of the other JH sites I visit
from time to time...but I just haven't had the time, lol, to sit down
and decipher all this uTorrent etc stuff properly.

Thanks for all the info.

Peace & Happiness & Stay Grooooovy
A friend (black vs blue ink)
Mix
2008-04-24 07:01:26 UTC
Hey, LazyMindedFool:

Is that a legit e-mail address? Even if it isn't, it's a great moniker --
wish I'd thought of it myself.

I get the sense that we've communicated before. Anyway, obviously I don't
publicize my personal e-mail address here -- it's a long story, but I have a
hunch that you already know about it. Fool around with uTorrent as you
wish -- I think it will be a worthwhile endeavor whether you're able to
snatch this Hendrix or not.

Or you can just cry "Uncle" whereupon I'll discuss it with you off-group.
Your ball.
A friend (black vs blue ink)
L***@gmail.com
2008-05-10 03:40:59 UTC
Post by Mix
Is that a legit e-mail address?
It is.
Post by Mix
I get the sense that we've communicated before.
I'm not surprised.
Post by Mix
Anyway, obviously I don't
publicize my personal e-mail address here -- it's a long story, but I have a
hunch that you already know about it. Fool around with uTorrent as you
wish -- I think it will be a worthwhile endeavor whether you're able to
snatch this Hendrix or not.
Gotcha, had a few email & PM troubles of my own.

I hope to tinker with uT over the weekend, I'm late, I'm late, busy
time at work these days.
Post by Mix
Or you can just cry "Uncle" whereupon I'll discuss it with you off-group.
Your ball.
If I can't make any headway, or feel that it's within my grasp, by
late Monday night I may be tapping out an S.O.S., I really don't wanna
miss out on this 5.1 Ladyland package, that's the bottom line.
L***@gmail.com

Elmo' 7#9
2008-04-25 00:06:55 UTC
Post by Mix
If none of that works, let me know and I'll contact you via private e-mail.
I really believe this stuff is worth hearing and I'm willing to do what I
can to help things along...
Ahhhhh...

What a friendly place a.m.j.h is nowadays!

Elmo' 7#9
Mix

Elmo' 7#9
Mix
Elmo' 7#9
Elmo' 7#9
2008-04-30 22:24:23 UTC
Post by Mix
Y'all must have found it!!
No...

Just too busy takin' care of business to have TIME for entertainment.

I'll get around to it.

Elmo' 7#9
Elmo' MacDonald