RIP Mitch
a***@gmail.com
2008-11-12 23:44:28 UTC
Jimi Hendrix Drummer Mitch Mitchell Dies

Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell was found dead early
this morning (Nov. 12) in a Portland, Ore., hotel room, according to
representatives for the Hendrix estate. He was 62.

After completing the Experience Hendrix tour in Portland with one-time
bandmate Billy Cox and a host of notable musicians on Nov. 7, Mitchell
was spending some down time in the city before returning to his native
England. He likely died of natural causes, according to the Multnomah
County Medical Examiner's office.

"We're all devastated to hear of Mitch's passing," says Experience
Hendrix CEO Janie Hendrix. "He was a wonderful man, a brilliant
musician and a true friend. His role in shaping the sound of the Jimi
Hendrix Experience cannot be underestimated."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003890522

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008383077_webdrummer12m.html
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/jimi_hendrixs_drummer_mitch_mi.html
Elmo' 7#9
2008-11-13 13:44:32 UTC
And that just about wraps it up...

All the principle characters have left the stage
and the goods are in the hands of the suits.

Elmo' 7#9
Olompali
2008-11-13 14:08:02 UTC
RIP
NFA!
Play on, drummer.
p***@gmail.com
2008-11-13 14:52:29 UTC
RIP Mitch

They're having a hell of a reunion jam somewhere right about now :)
albert hall
2008-11-13 22:03:56 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
RIP Mitch
They're having a hell of a reunion jam somewhere right about now :)
Amen.

I met Mitch once, at a party in Brighton in 1975. Of course I wanted to
talk to him about Jimi, but didn't in case he thought it would be
uncool. Oh well, at least I got to pass him a joint.
Mackenzie
2008-11-26 00:25:54 UTC
Post by albert hall
Post by p***@gmail.com
RIP Mitch
They're having a hell of a reunion jam somewhere right about now :)
Amen.
I met Mitch once, at a party in Brighton in 1975. Of course I wanted to
talk to him about Jimi, but didn't in case he thought it would be
uncool. Oh well, at least I got to pass him a joint.
I knew Noel. I met him at a bar in London 1976 or '77, I've only know
the man for four years before he disappeared and I never heard from
him again. He could be classified as a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
because his temperament constantly shifted courses- careless and
confident at the beginning of the day, depressed and thoughtless at
the end. He had some regrets about Hendrix and Mitch's constancy, but
overall felt somewhat debted to the other two for his notoriety

And Noel agrees with Janie, his role in the Experience is very
important.

His unique drumming will live forever.

RIP Mitch.

landson
2008-11-14 22:11:48 UTC
Play on drummer . . . . . . . . . . . . . .