Cool Item on Ebay
Roscoe
2008-04-22 23:18:35 UTC
BTW - I have nothing to do with this auction.

I can hear it clearly in my head
I wonder if Jimi was the guy working it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jimi-Hendrix-instrument-60s-Carroll-African-Flexotone_W0QQitemZ280218945455QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33009QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
landson
2008-04-23 16:04:20 UTC
Post by Roscoe
BTW - I have nothing to do with this auction.
I can hear it clearly in my head
I wonder if Jimi was the guy working it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jimi-Hendrix-instrument-60s-Carroll-African-Flexo...
$11,000 freakin dollars !!!!!!!!

You can buy the same thing here for $37

http://lpmusic.com/Product_Showcase/Sound_Effects/lp_flex_a_tone.html

Tim
Roscoe
2008-04-23 19:56:40 UTC
Yea - I know, it's crazy - I doubt it'll sell either.
If it was Jimi's someone somewhere will pay big $$$ for it

Too bad Jimi didn't save his old underwear, Janie could make a fortune!
Tim
Elmo' 7#9
2008-04-23 22:27:24 UTC
Post by Roscoe
BTW - I have nothing to do with this auction.
I can hear it clearly in my head
I wonder if Jimi was the guy working it?
On "1983", it's treated with tape varispeed, so you're not even going to get
the sound that's on the track when you play it.

Still, that's not what's on sale, is it?

The "goods" are a Jimi-related artefact, imbued with the 4th-dimensional
power to inspire the new owner with its powerful voodoo.

Otherwise it'd just be another old Vibraslap ;-)

Elmo' 7#9