Oldest Known Jimi Footage (?)
Roscoe
2008-03-09 14:51:31 UTC

The first scene is NOT Jimi (contrary to theose less 'Experienced')
Jimi's in the back - far left. You can definitely hear some of that
Jimi tone and phrasing coming through. To bad frick & frack and
blocking the view with their antics. You can see still Jimi doing a few
guitar tricks though...Jimi - like no other before or since.
sisboombah
2008-03-09 19:13:14 UTC
Post by Roscoe
http://youtu.be/GaIxswG7d84
The first scene is NOT Jimi (contrary to theose less 'Experienced')
Jimi's in the back - far left. You can definitely hear some of that
Jimi tone and phrasing coming through. To bad frick & frack and
blocking the view with their antics. You can see still Jimi doing a few
guitar tricks though...Jimi - like no other before or since.
I have this clip on VHS somewhere around here with alot of Jimi footage. I
got it from some guy many years ago.

A funny aside about this clip: I remember there was a special on TV about
Jimi awhile back (I can't recall what station) and when they showed this
clip they highlighted the first guitarist you see in the very beginning!
Oops.
Roscoe
2008-03-09 20:50:35 UTC
Here's an alternate YouTube that makes the same mistake...
I guess not everyone is as "Experienced"? :0

Post by sisboombah
http://youtu.be/GaIxswG7d84
Oops.
John Burke
Is that "The Memphis Horns" he's playing with there, anyone?
Mackenzie
2008-04-25 04:57:53 UTC
Post by Roscoe
http://youtu.be/GaIxswG7d84
The first scene is NOT Jimi (contrary to theose less 'Experienced')
Jimi's in the back - far left.  You can definitely hear some of that
Jimi tone and phrasing coming through.  To bad frick & frack and
blocking the view with their antics.  You can see still Jimi doing a few
guitar tricks though...Jimi - like no other before or since.
at about 2:12 in the video. It was hard to see him with everyone
dancing around in the foreground.